To our Lubbock friends, yes this is a very big deal in Houston. Can you see those snowflakes!!? Moving back to Houston after living here all our lives has sometimes made me wonder how I ever survived countless hours of marching band practice in the heat of Summer, wearing sweaters and boots during our 80 degree Decembers, and never getting to see snow! Actually, we did have one amazing white Christmas a few years back, but apparently was only on the southside of Houston. My sister, Xochitl, gave me a little jar that Christmas filled with the "remains" of the first (and probably last for a long time) snowman we made together. Just the other day we were unpacking boxes, and I found the sweet treasure, or should I say "science experiment", in my box of memories....Sorry Xochitl, I had to throw it away. Its amazing how many bacteria can accumulate in a dark, wet environment over the years.
Anyways, to get back on subject, we were so very blessed to have a night of snow in our little family neighborhood where we've settled in Kingwood. We even kept Nyah out passed bedtime and let her parade her new walking skills around all the boys on the street. Yes, there are like 10 boys and 1 girl on this street....but that's a different story for another blog. One more reason for Drew to purchase that gun he still talks about...jp.
No comments:
Post a Comment